Thank you for your interest in private lessons. I’m committed to helping motivated students level-up their skills, build confidence, and have fun in the process!
I’ve been teaching saxophone and improvisation lessons in the Seattle area since 2003, and I have extensive experience working with all levels of saxophonists, from beginner to professional. My teaching methods integrate technique, ear-training, creativity, performance psychology, deep listening, and technology.
I work with students and their families to develop personalized practicing plans by taking experience, time availability, and long-term performance goals into consideration. We will draw strategies from the latest research on skill development to craft a practice that is both effective and enjoyable.
I hold two studio recitals every year, locations include Seattle Pacific University, The Royal Room, Boxley’s, and Online Virtual Recitals.
Student playing with pros at studio recital
- Shoreline (Echo Lake – Near Exit 177)
- Ala carte: $100/hour
- Weekly: $80/hour ($60 for 45-minutes), billed in packages of four lessons
Honors Received by Private Students
- Awarded full and partial tuition scholarships to study music at colleges across the country
- Soloist awards at the Essentially Ellington Contest in NYC
- 1st Place, WA State Solo and Ensemble Contest
- Selected for All-Northwest and All-State honor ensembles
Interested in lessons? Book a new student meeting for no charge at: https://fons.app/@stevetres/book